In the Field
Nepal Peacebuilding Initiative
November 2004 –IPJ
- Presentations & delegate participation of six Nepali women's organizations at the international conference, "Promoting Women's Equal Participation in Peace & Security Processes: Operationalizing UN Security Council Resolution 1325." Details.
- Strategy meeting with six Nepali delegates to the 1325 Conference regarding the 2005 Women, Politics, and Peace component of the IPJ Nepal Project.
July 2004 – IPJ
- Public Presentation by Sushil Pyakarel, National Commission of Human Rights, on the status of human rights under government and Maoists activities.
May 2004 – Kathmandu, Nepal
- Participatory Educational Seminar - Women, Politics, and Peace: Working for a Just Society II "Transitional Justice & Women’s Rights in the Legal Process" for Women and Marginalized Groups facilitated by Lilia Velasquez, international human rights lawyer, and Dee Aker, IPJ Deputy Director.
- Negotiations Training Program - "Multi-party negotiations and Managing Difficult Relationships" for Political Party Leadership facilitated by CMPartners, conflict management specialists.
- Human Rights Roundtable - "The Role of Human Rights Defenders" for Human Rights organizations and advocates facilitated by Lilia Velasquez, international human rights lawyer, and Dee Aker, IPJ Deputy Director.
- Visits to Dalit communities in Kathmandu Valley by Dee Aker, IPJ Deputy Director, to evaluate human rights training.