- Carpool Parking Spaces
- Handicapped Parking Spaces
- Electric Vehicle Spaces
- Motorcycle Parking Spaces
- Reserved Parking Spaces
- Loading Zones and Pay and Display Parking Space
Carpool spaces are for commuter students or employees who travel to school with two or more people of legal driving age in the vehicle.
Carpool Parking Spaces Rules:
- A carpool permit may be obtained daily from the Main or West Kiosk.
- A carpool permit is required to park in these spaces between 7am-10am.
- Carpool permits must be stamped with the current date.
- Carpool permits must be used in conjunction with a valid USD Commuter Student Permit or Faculty/Staff Permit.
Carpool spaces are located in the Mission Structure, Law School Lot, Hughes East Lot, Olin Lot, and the Institute for Peace and Justice Garage. Click here for a map of carpool parking spaces. Use the Main Entrance to obtain Mission Structure, Law School, or Hughes East carpool permit. Use the West Entrance to obtain Olin or IPJ carpool permit.
All vehicles displaying handicapped placards must also display valid USD parking permits when on university property. Click here for a map of handicapped parking spaces.
- Disabled spaces and access corridors are reserved for vehicles displaying a valid disabled placard/license plate issued by the by any official agency from one of the 50 United States.
- Any vehicle displaying a valid placard and any valid USD permit may park in white-lined, yellow-lined, USD vehicle space or time-restricted space without being cited.
- A vehicle displaying a disabled placard/license plate is not permitted to park in any RESERVED space from 6am-5pm, Monday-Friday, or during the time indicated on the sign or in the space.
- A vehicles displaying a valid USD permit and current disabled placard/license plate is never permitted to create their own parking space or park along a red curb or fire lane.
- Temporary disabled placards are also issued through USD Parking Services and are available to individuals who present a verifiable note from a medical doctor specifically requesting special parking needs. A specific date range must be included in order for issuance.
- To report misuse call Parking Services at 619-260-4518
EV charging spaces are for faculty, staff, students and guests to charge their vehicles. Electric Vehicle spaces are marked by the blue EV signs and are run by Blink Networks. Click here for FAQs and instructions on how to use the Blink charigin stations or visit www.blinknetwork.com.
EV Charging Spaces Rules:
- Only electric vehicles that are actively charging may park in EV spaces.
- Valid permits are required at all times in the EV spaces.
- Non-electric vehicles and EVs not actively charging will be cited.
EV stations are located in the Mission Structure, Manchester Garage, Alcala Vistas North and the Institute for Peace and Justice Garage. Please click here for a map of all available charging locations.
Only motorcycles, mopeds, and scooters may park in spaces/areas specifically identified. All other vehicles may be cited and towed. Motorcycles, mopeds, and scopters may never ppark outsideof these assigned areas. Please see this map for locations of motorcycle parking areas.
Motorcycles, mopeds, or scooters parked on campus must display a valid USD Motorcycle permit while parked. Your permit must be affixed to a visible part of the motorcycle that is readily visible. It may be placed on the fender, spoke etc.
Reserved spaces are assigned to a specific person or department. All other permits in these spaces are subject to citation and tow.
Reserved permits are assigned to a specific space. Your permit is not valid in any other space or location, except the West Parking Structure or West Lot.
There are a multitude of loading zone spaces around campus. These spaces are for active loading/unloading only. All loading zones are designated for 15 minutes unless otherwise marked. A valid citation may be issued if vehicle is moved from one loading/unloading space to another. Do not exceed the timed spaces, as a citation may be issued for exceeding the timed space.
Parking at Pay and Display Machine
Block spaces require payment at all times of operation (see below). All employees, students, and visitors(including those with a valid USD parking permit displayed) must pay machine.
|Pay the correct fee||