Parents/families are strongly urged to attend and participate in OLÉ! Weekend (Orientation Launch Events) and Fall Transfer Orientation. Both programs offer a wealth of information concerning academic and social integration at USD for you and your student. Whether you’re a parent to a freshmen, transfer, or international student, you will learn valuable information. Note: Scroll down for information regarding tickets.
OLÉ! Weekend for Parents and Families of Freshmen Students
Saturday, August 31 - Sunday, September 1
Transfer Fall Orientation for Parents and Families of Transfer Students
Saturday, August 31 - Sunday September 1
The online ticket reservation is closed. The USD ticket office will be open Saturday August 31 from 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. to purchase tickets. Pre-purchased ticket holders, please read this memo to learn about ticket disbursement for the weekend festivities. Note: Parents/families are purchasing tickets for themselves and guests. New students will not require tickets for any event. Refunds will be granted until Friday August 23.
Schedule at a glance provides a snapshot of the weekend.
Saturday, August 31: Take this day to spend time with your student, relax, enjoy the campus and meet other families.
- Move-in your student into their residence hall. Please arrive at assign move-in times.
- Get acquainted with the campus by visiting a few offices.
- Grab lunch with your student on- or off-campus.
- First-Generation Student & Family Lunch, a lunch for students who are first in their family to attend college. Click here for information and to rsvp.
- Black Student Success Reception, a reception designed to ease the transition of African and African-American descent students and families to USD.
- Attend the New Student and Family BBQ (Tickets are required for families. New students will not require a ticket).
- President's Welcome and Dessert Reception (for families only). Families' official welcome to USD!
Sunday, September 1: This day is exclusively dedicated to families. Students will go through their own OLÉ! Weekend and Transfer Fall Orientation experience.
- Continental Breakfast (Tickets are required for families).
- From 10 a.m.-3 p.m., select educational sessions to become inform about USD resources and other services.
- Join us for lunch (Tickets are required for families).
- End the day with our traditional closing Mass to bless your students for a wonderful start of the academic year. This is the last event for families and the time to say goodbye.
Parents/families participating in OLÉ! Weekend and Transfer Fall Orientation are required to purchase tickets for the Welcome Festivities & Food. Tickets are for New Student and Family Dinner on Saturday, and the continental breakfast and lunch on Sunday.
Click here to purchase tickets
Available July 16-August 28 (extended)
Note: Parents/families are purchasing tickets for themselves and guests.
New students will not require tickets for any event.
Refunds will be granted until Friday August 23.