The University of San Diego Paralegal Program is a certificate program.
|Applicants to the Day or Extended Day Program must:||
1. possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited postsecondary institution
|Applicants to the Evening Program may:||
1. possess a baccalaureate degree or an associate of arts or science degree from an accredited postsecondary institution
2. have some college credits and/or business or legal experience
The Application Process:
To ensure timely review of your application, complete the following steps:
1. Submit an online completed application, accompanied by a $50.00 application fee. Application includes a personal statement addressing your interest in the program and a work/education history (resume).
2. Personal interview with a Program Manager. This required informational interview is your chance to find out more about the paralegal field, the USD program, and whether or not it is a good choice for you. We are generally unable to accommodate drop-in interview requests; please contact the Program Office to schedule an interview.
3. Arrange for official transcripts from all colleges attended to be sent directly to the Program Office.
4. Arrange for two professional recommendations (link to required form is above) to be sent to the Program Office. We prefer recommendations be completed by a current or former supervisor or professor. Fax or email is acceptable.
Applications are processed on a rolling basis up to one week prior to the program start date. After that date, we are unable to review any application items. Applicants need not complete the above steps in any particular order. As a guideline, applicants are strongly encouraged to submit all application items no later than two weeks prior to the program start date.