Transfer Summer Registration Days
As a transfer student, you have questions. Get them answered.
Transfer Summer Registration Days are designed to give you the opportunity to begin transitioning and connecting to USD well before the start of the fall semester.
During a Summer Registration Day, you will:
- Meet one-on-one with your academic advisor, discuss which courses to enroll in for the fall semester, and get your advisor hold lifted so you can register for courses
- View the specific courses and number of units that transferred to USD in u.Achieve, USD's degree audit software tool
- Learn how to register for courses, navigate your MySanDiego Portal, and view your financial aid offer through hands-on tutorials
- Meet other new transfer students, USD staff, and professors
- Connect with campus departments including Residential Life, Veterans Center, and Student Wellness
You can sign up for a Summer Registration Day once you have completed the required steps on the Registration and New Student Checklist. They are filled on a first-come first-serve basis, so complete these required steps as quickly as possible. Directions about how to sign up for a Summer Registration Day will be sent to your USD email address once you are eligible to do so.
They will be offered this year on June 10, June 22, July 8, and July 22, 2016. A sample schedule is available for your reference; you will receive an individualized schedule when you check in.
A separate program for parents and supporters will be offered during each Summer Registration Day by the Office of Parent Relations. Students and families traveling from out of town and requiring overnight accommodations may take advantage of a special partnership USD has with Bartell Hotels.
If you are unable to attend a Summer Registration Day or have not completed one or more of the required steps prior to July 15, 2016, you will connect with your academic advisor and register for courses through an alternative process. Detailed information about this process will be sent to your USD email address once you have completed all required steps.
If you have questions about Summer Registration Days, please email email@example.com.
"The most helpful thing to me about Summer Registration Days was meeting face-to-face with my academic advisor. You can tell the faculty here actually care about students and their futures."