The Transfer Transitions Orientation Program is comprised of two main components: Summer Registration Days and Transfer Fall Orientation. New transfer students should visit this page frequently for important updates and information.
Information for New Transfers
- Are you a newly admitted transfer student? Be sure to complete everything on the New Transfer Student Checklist!
Summer Registration Days take place on campus in June and July. New transfer students who attend will:
- Meet one-on-one with an academic advisor and register for classes
- Participate in hands-on sessions about your individual transcript evaluation, financial aid package, and MySanDiego Portal
- Meet other new transfer students, USD staff, and faculty members
- Complete on-campus errands and take a campus tour including departmental buildings and transfer residential areas
Saturday, August 31 - Tuesday, September 3
The Transfer Fall Orientation program is customized especially to support new transfer students as they transition to USD. Highlights include:
- Academic sessions focused on connecting you with resources most helpful to new transfer students
- Social opportunities to meet new and continuing transfer students, and information about how to get involved at USD
- Off-campus activities to explore San Diego including Taco Tuesday (hosted by the Transfer Student Organization) and an evening at Sea World!
- The Transfer Student Convocation - a special ceremony to welcome you into USD's academic community
- Click here or the link above to review important resources for Transfer Fall Orientation!