New Spring Transfer Student Checklist
Take steps now to ensure your transition to USD is as smooth as possible.
Once you have confirmed your enrollment and submitted your deposit through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, you are officially a Torero! You need to complete several required steps and important tasks prior to registering for courses and the first day of classes.
You can view your personal New Student Checklist (pictured to the right) and progress in your MySanDiego Portal. A general checklist, helpful hints, and relevant resources are included below for your reference. All tasks marked with an asterisk (*) must be complete prior to being eligible to register for courses.
- Claim your USDOne user account and email address.*
- Step-by-step directions are available to guide you. Please wait 24 hours before completing the next items on the checklist to ensure your account is active in all USD systems. Contact ITS Help Desk if you need assistance or are having any trouble claiming your USDOne account.
- Complete the Transfer Student Questionnaire.*
- Log in to your MySanDiego Portal and navigate to your New Student Checklist to complete this brief questionnaire to submit your major declaration request. Note you can only complete this questionnaire once. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance in changing your major selection.
- Submit required immunization forms.*
- To access required immunization forms, you must first answer a few health screening questions. You will then receive an email confirmation that will include a link to download a form for your doctor to fill out. Contact the Student Health Center with any questions about immunization requirements. Your health hold will be lifted once your immunization forms are submitted and complete.
- International students only: Submit all required documents for the Form I-20.
- Submit all transcripts and review your transferred courses.
- Be sure to submit official transcripts of all college coursework you have attempted and that reflect your final fall grades. Your transcripts will be placed in the queue to be evaluated when you confirm your enrollment with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. You can view your transferred courses in u.Achieve, our degree audit reporting system. A video tutorial is available to help you understand your degree audit. Contact Lynne Stearns, Transfer Analyst, if you have questions about transferring courses to meet core curriculum requirements.
- Connect with your academic advisor and register for courses.
- You will receive an email from your school or college once you have completed the above required tasks (*) but not before the dates listed below with information about how to connect with your academic advisor, get your advisor hold lifted, and register for courses.
- College of Arts & Sciences Majors: January 4, 2017
- School of Business Majors: December 15, 2016
- Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering Majors: January 9, 2017
- Explore your MySanDiego Portal to:
Review and accept your Financial Aid award, if applicable. Contact the One Stop Student Center if you have questions about your financial aid award, bill, or student account.
- Complete your on-campus housing application, if applicable. Some transfer students are required to live on-campus. Contact Residential Life if you have questions about the transfer residency requirement.
- A video tutorial is available to help you navigate your MySanDiego Portal.
- Learn about Student Wellness resources and complete wellness requirements.
- All full-time students are required to carry health insurance. When you are admitted and/or register for courses, your student account will automatically be charged for the USD Health Insurance Plan. You can accept overage or actively waive the USD Health Insurance Plan charge by providing proof of comparable or better health insurance. Learn more about the health insurance requirement and then accept coverage or actively waive the requirement by February 6, 2017.
- Complete Part 1 of the online MyStudentBody Essentials Course, a two part online alcohol, other drug, and sexual violence prevention course by January 10, 2017. A $250 non-compliance fee will be assessed to students who fail to complete both portions of the course within the designated timeframe. Email email@example.com with questions or if you missed the Part 1 deadline.
- If you have an on-going psychological or health condition, need regular access to prescription medication, or have a documented disability requesting accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to arriving on campus.
- Confirm your attendance at Spring Orientation.
- All new transfer students are expected to attend Spring Orientation. There is no cost for this program for incoming USD students.
- Log in to your MySanDiego Portal to confirm your attendance by January 20, 2017.