This program is especially designed for incoming first-year and transfer students for Spring 2017, to get essential information you need to make a smooth transition to USD. Our goal is for you to:
- Get Informed: Find out about the history, mission and core values that make USD a unique place.
- Meet Your Fan Club: Meet the student leaders and staff here to support you as a new transfer student this semester and beyond.
- Find Your Place: Learn about how you can get involved in the Torero community and connect with other new and continuing students.
- Learn the Ropes: Receive essential information about requirements, resources, and campus departments to ensure you have a great start at USD.
All new students are expected to attend Spring Orientation. Be sure to confirm your attendance in your MySanDiego Portal by January 16 and let us know about any accommodations you may require in advance of Spring Orientation. Please note the dates of this year's program:
Monday, January 23-Tuesday, January 24: Move-In Days for Residential Students
Students living on-campus may feel free to check-in anytime after Monday, January 23, at 10:00 am. There will be no formal programs or meals offered until Tuesday evening, January 24. However, when you check in, you will receive helpful information regarding on and off campus resources, along with campus office hours and residential desk hours, including the central housing office. Please contact Residential Life with any questions about your move-in time or other related questions.
Wednesday, January 25: Spring Orientation
- A brief schedule-at-a-glance is available below. A full, detailed schedule will be posted in early January.
- Parents and other guests are invited to attend a separate Parent Orientation.
|8:30 am||Spring Orientation Check-In||Check in to receive your Spring Orientation materials and enjoy a continental breakfast.|
|9:00 am||New Student Convocation||This ceremony is your official welcome to the USD community.|
|10:00 am||Transfer Students: Transferring Process||Join your student leader to attend a sessions designed specifically for you to ease your transition and adjustment to USD!|
|10:00 am||First-Year Students: Preceptorial Meetings||Meet your small group leader and fellow classmates.|
|11:30 am||Community @ USD||Learn how to be well and successful at USD.|
|12:30 pm||Lunch||Enjoy lunch with other new students and student leaders.|
|1:15 pm||Transfer Students: College-Specific Academic Success Workshops||Learn about the importance of a liberal arts education and hear more about your specific college.|
|1:15 pm||First-Year Students: Campus Tour||Explore campus with your preceptorial assistant.|
|2:30 pm||Student Life and Resources Panel||Hear from current students and get informed about campus resources. It is also time to get your FREE USD t-shirt!|
|3:30 pm||Small Group Meeting||Reconnect with your orientation leader and students in your small group.|
|4:00 pm||New Student Social||Mingle with incoming and current students and take an optional campus tour with a current USD student for help finding your classes & other key buildings on campus.|