Torero Countdown Checklist
Please follow the Torero Countdown Checklist for all the steps you need to complete as you prepare for fall.
Torero Countdown Checklist
Once you have confirmed your enrollment and submitted your deposit through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, you are officially a Torero! You need to complete several required steps and important tasks prior to attending OLÉ! Weekend and the first day of classes.
For assistance in completing the Torero Countdown Checklist refer to your Torero Countdown Handbook, mailed to you in early May. The can also view the Torero Countdown Handbook online. Your personal new student checklist and progress, for certain items, can be tracked on your MySanDiego Portal.
Click on the Torero Countdown Handbook cover below to view online.
- Claim your USDOne account. Step-by-step directions are available to assist you in claiming your USDOne account. You are encouraged to wait 24 hours before completing the next items on the checklist to ensure your account is active in all USD systems. Be sure to check your USD email regularly for important updates and information. Contact ITS Help Desk if you need assistance or are having any trouble claiming your USDOne account.
- Attend the Torero Countdown webcasts:
- May 10: "Get Classes: Registration"
- May 17: "Get Down to Business: Paying Your Bill, Getting Your Aid and Avoiding Long Lines"
- May 24: "Supporting Your Student's Transition"
- Complete your first-year advising questionnaire. Available May 17. Must be completed by June 1!
- Complete the housing application. Available May 17, following the completion of the first-year advising questionnaire. Must be completed by June 1!
- Celebrate graduation! Display your Torero gear at graduation parties and on social media. #Torero2020
- Send official high school transcript showing graduation date, AP and IB scores, and transcripts of any college work you've completed.
- Check your MySanDiego portal for any outstanding financial aid requirements.
- Purchase your meal plan on or before July 1.
- Visit the Health Insurance website for information about health insurance requirements for all USD students. Actively enroll in or waive the USD Health Insurance Plan online by September 12, 2016. You will have the option to accept coverage or waive coverage if you already have insurance by answering a few simple questions online beginning June 1, 2016.
- Complete FERPA- authorized user process on your MySanDiego Portal.
- Complete the required immunization forms and submit to the USD Health Center.
- Register any guests that will be attending Parent and Family Orientation during OLÉ! Weekend.
- If you are living on campus contact your roommates and start connecting.
- Complete Part I of the online course, MyStudentBody Essentials Course by August 15.
- Pay or bill and sign up for a payment plan.
- Submit a photo for your Torero ID Card.
- Pack for move-in day.
- Attend OLÉ! Weekend, your on campus orientation experience!