You will learn to...
- Identify parts of a successful online marketing plan
- Analyze your current online presence
- Create keyword strategies that can be applied to website development and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Learn the primary components of SEO, and how they can improve your business
- Create pages that influence search engines while keeping visitors interested
- Generate traffic to your website through linking strategies, search engine marketing, marketing campaigns, advertising, video marketing, email marketing, article distribution, and social media
- Learn how to effectively use social media to get the attention of your target audience
- Apply proven tracking methods to a site and campaigns
Who should attend: Marketers, business owners, business professionals, and others who have the responsibility of creating a marketing plan to increase sales or visibility of their company or organization; those who require online marketing continuing education to seek professional promotion; anyone who is considering a career change and desires a comprehensive introduction to the field of online marketing to assist with future employment opportunities.
Regular Format: One course is schedule each month over an eight month period. Each is scheduled at the University of San Diego one evening each week for four consecutive weeks. Small class sizes of 15 – 20 are guaranteed. See full calendar >>>
Intensive Format: Each course in the certificate program is scheduled in a two-day intensive format over a three week period. Each is scheduled at the University of San Diego. Small class sizes of 15 – 20 are guaranteed.
There are no academic requirements to enroll in our certificate programs. You may enroll in one course or complete the entire certificate program to earn a Professional Certificate in Online Marketing from the University of San Diego, Division of Professional and Continuing Education.
Certificate: To earn a professional certificate in Online Marketing Strategies, students are required to complete 8 courses plus develop and present a portfolio containing an Online Strategy tailored to their companies’ needs as their final evaluation. This evaluation will be a product of individual projects assigned throughout each module. Each project is to be revised by the student according to instructors' feedback at the end of each module. Additionally, the student is expected to attend 70% of scheduled classes.