"We go to school where you spring break!" If you have not already, you will soon find that San Diego is a richly diverse city with a vast amount of outdoor opportunities. Join us for some exciting adventures and get off campus as you Discover San Diego.
In partnership with Residential Life, Outdoor Adventures is offering a series of free or reduced price local outings to resident students. Enjoy cruising past sea lions on a moonlit evening on the bay, trek under the stars to one of the area’s most beautiful beaches, soak in the local culture on a road trip along the PCH or take in a view of the city from the highest point in San Diego.
These outings are open to Non-resident students and the greater USD community at the full price (typically between $20 and $40).
Spring 2013 Discover San Diego outings:
- Valentine's Day Couple's Moonlight Canoe 2/14, 7-10pm
- Mount San Jacinto Snowshoe February 17, 8am - 6pm
- Big Bear Ski & Ride February 24, 6am - 9pm
- Indoor Rock Climbing February 25, 7-10pm
Night Hike March 7, 7-10pm
- Desert Yoga and Hot Springs March 9, 8am - 3pm
- Paintball Trip March 10
- Mountain Bike day trip March 16, 8am - 2pm
- Moonlight Canoe March 20, 7-10pm
- Night Hike April 3, 7-10pm
- Neon Run April 13
- Ocean Kayaking April 20, 9am - 1pm
- Stand Up Paddleboarding April 27, 9am - 1pm
Discover San Diego Pricing:
For Stand Up Paddleboarding, Moonlight Canoe, Night Hike and Canoe & Concert:
Resident Student attending with their RA = FREE
Resident Student attending on their own = $10
Non-Resident Student or USD Community = $20* SUP =$20
For Mud Caving & Rock Climbing & Desert Yoga:
Resident Student attending with their RA = $10
Resident Student attending without their RA = $20
Non-Resident Student or USD Community = $35
"The moonlight canoe trip was a nice escape from campus. Seeing the city lights from the bay was really beautiful."
Discover San Diego