Clinical Placement Clinical Dress Code
San Diego Nursing Service-Education Consortium
Student Dress Code
These guidelines are minimum requirements expected of faculty and students for pre-clinical and clinical assignments. In addition, schools understand that facilities may require affiliating faculty and students to adhere to a facility-specific dress code.
- Picture identification badge with name that meets the guidelines of AB 1439, which amended Chapter 1 of Division 2 of the Business and Professional Code of the State of California. Some facilities require both student and facility badges, or may allow either student or facility.
- Clean scrub set.
- Clean, low-heeled shoes with closed toes. Clogs must have a strap around the heels. No sandals or flip-flops.
Only wedding or simple rings and limited to one per hand
No piercings or jewelry/hardware may be evident other than one small stud earring per ear.
- Hair color must fall within natural occurring shades, be neat, and if long, secured back. Facial hair must be neatly trimmed.
- Tattoos must be covered at all times.
- Fingernails must be trimmed short. Light or clear polish without chips is acceptable. No artificial or acrylic nails or components thereof are permitted.
- Make up is to be worn in moderation.
- No perfumes or scented lotions.
- No low necklines.
- Undergarments cannot be visible through the uniform
Follow all above guidelines. The school uniform is required except as allowed by the facility, e.g., in a Leadership/Management rotation.