Master of Science in Nursing Nurse Practitioner Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Critically assess the health problems that are commonly seen by NP in the age groups specific to the scope of practice of their population foci.
- Collaboratively manage the health problems commonly experienced in these client populations using pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapeutic modalities.
- Perform comprehensive health appraisals to identify client strengths and health risks as a foundation for evidence-based health promotion and illness prevention.
- Engage in strategies that empower individuals from selected client populations in health promotion and disease prevention.
- Collaborate with and refer to other health providers and community resources to resolve acute and chronic conditions.
- Use evidence-based practice and practice guidelines to meet the needs of diverse populations.
- Analyze health care delivery systems and practice patterns minimize health care disparities to improve access, care quality, outcomes, and cost-effectiveness.