Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Analyze and critique concepts as a basis for theory synthesis and testing that build upon the current state of the science.
- Formulate a nursing research question that is health outcomes focused and reflects current understanding of philosophy of science in nursing.
- Complete an original nursing research investigation.
- Demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in a variety of research methods and expertise in one method.
- Critically analyze evidence and provide leadership to advocate for policy change or address social justice and equity in health care at the local, regional, national and/or global level.
- Disseminate dissertation research findings through publications and presentations.