The Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science is ranked in the top 10% of graduate nursing schools because of its excellent educational programs, faculty, and outstanding alumni and students. Another critical reason for our success is the generous contributions from faculty, alumni, community members, and foundations. Please consider giving a gift that will help us continue to provide Nursing Leaders for San Diego, the nation, and the world. Thank you!
Types of Gifts
- Cash: You can go to our online giving page to make an outright gift or pledge. Cash gifts can be made by check or credit card, or we can establish a billing schedule for a pledge. Online giving: click here.
- Securities: Gifts of securities can be made either directly or through direct wire transfer. A donor usually can claim an income tax deduction for the full amount of the securities donated.
- Planned Gifts: We welcome gifts of bequests, trusts, and personal property. USD has an office of Planned Giving that can assist a donor through the entire process.
- Memorial Gifts: A memorial gift to the School of Nursing can help perpetuate the values and ideals of a relative, loved one, or close friend. Our school would establish a fund and communicate according to the donor’s wishes.
Leadership Giving Levels
The Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science offers Leadership Giving Levels as “Dr. Irene S. Palmer Circle,” “Benefactor,” “Patron,” or “Dean’s Club” member.
|Alcalá Circle||$25,000 & up|
|Benefactor||$10,000 to $24,999|
|Patron||$5,000 to $9,999|
|Fellow||$ 2,500 to $4,999|
|Member||$ 1,000 to $ 2,499|
Alcalá Circle, Benefactor, Patron, Fellow and Member donors are hosted at special School of Nursing events and published in the Donor’s Honor Roll. A gift of $1,000 or more also assures membership in the University of San Diego’s President’s Club.
Contact: Joan Katherine Martin, Director of Development, 619.260.4694, email@example.com
School of Nursing Fundraising Priorities
Dean’s Fund contributions provide invaluable resources for student scholarships, faculty programs, innovative research, new equipment, and community health activities.
Endowments establish a fund in which the principal is never spent and grows annually through investments and interest income, which is used as specified by the donor. The interest level increases to provide a funding base in perpetuity.
- Endowed Scholarships require a minimum gift of $50,000 and assure that future generations of nurses will be able to attend USD. We recently launched a campaign to raise $4 million in endowed scholarships.
- A named Endowed Chair will enable us to recruit a nationally recognized Nurse Scientist to work with our faculty and students on improving health care. An Endowed Chair requires a minimum donation of $2.5 million.
- Endowed Professorships allow the Dean to award funding to current senior faculty to conduct nursing research projects. The University of San Diego establishes Endowed Professorships at $500,000.
- Doctoral Fellowships provide financial support to Ph.D. students to complete their Dissertations. Endowed Fellowships require a $300,000 donation.