Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP)
There is full tuition funding available through the Nurse Faculty Loan Program for individuals who want to pursue a career as nursing faculty.
The University of San Diego Hahn School of Nursing & Health Science received funding from Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to establish and operate a student loan fund to increase the number of qualified nursing faculty. Up to 85% of the principal and interest of the NFLP loan may be forgiven after a student completes the Post-MSN PhD program in advanced nursing education and works as a full-time faculty member in a School of Nursing. As a condition of this loan, recipients are required to complete six units of coursework in preparation for the faculty role at the University of San Diego, Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science.
To be eligible for the Nursing Faculty Loan Program, applicants must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or national of the U.S.
- Be a full-time student in good standing in an advanced nurse education master's or doctoral program
- Have no judgment liens entered against him/her based on the default on a Federal debt. 28 U.S. C. 3201 (e)
To apply, please complete the following forms:
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Nursing Faculty Loan Program Application
The FAFSA is available through the USD Office of Financial, (619) 260-4514. The FAFSA is also available at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ The Nursing Faculty Loan Program Applications are available through the USD Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science. Please call (619) 260-4548 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request the forms.
Deadline of March 1, 2016 for Fall 2016