The Character Development Center (CDC) at the SOLES Department of Learning and Teaching presents -- Character Matters: 2014 Character Education Conference
The CDC staff is pleased to present the 2014 West Coast Character Education Conference. The conference will include several guest speakers and workshop presenters over a series of two days at the University of San Diego. Character Matters because relationships matter, social skills matter, emotional control matters, and civility matters.
WHAT: Eighteenth Annual 2014 Character Education Conference
WHEN: Thursday, June 26 and Friday, June 27, 2014
8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
WHERE: Mother Rosalie Hill Hall
University of San Diego
5998 Alcalá Park, San Diego, CA 92110
- Cindy Marten—Superintendent of Schools, San Diego Unified School District
- Helen Griffith—Executive Director of e3 Civic High School in San Diego
- Stuart R. Grauer—President/Head of School at The Grauer School in Encinitas
- Barbara Gruener—Counselor and Character Coach for Westood-Bales School in Texas (2009 National School of Character)
- Paige Lilley Schulte, Associate Professor at Southeastern Louisiana University—Crash Course in Cooperation
- Paty Meacham, CDC Assistant and USD-PCE Character Education Instructor—Local Museums as a Character Education Instructional Resource
- Barbara Gruener, Counselor and Character Coach—Character is our Super Power
- Christina Wright, Film Studies Instructor and Character Education Specialist—Reel Character Education: Using Films to Teach Character Values
- Serena Pariser, 2008-2009 Teacher of the Year and Grade 8 English Teacher at Gompers Preparatory Academy—Character Matters at Gompers Preparatory Academy
REGISTRATION: $200 per individual
$125 per individual for schools sending two (2) or more educators
$75 for students with ID (non-credit)
Includes: Morning snacks, lunch, and many character education resources.
Please register online.
For more information, please visit http://charactermatters.sandiego.edu.