Featured USD Experts
Relationships; Social Rejection; Stress
Jennifer Zwolinski has been a member of the University of San Diego faculty since 2001. She is an assistant professor of Psychology. In the Psychology Department, Professor Zwolinski offers undergraduate courses in a variety of areas including Introduction to Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Theories of Personality, and Advanced Research Methods in Clinical Psychology. Her research focus examines bio psychosocial factors associated with social/relational aggression and victimization.
Professor Zwolinski's research has focused on peer social aggression with emphasis on how gender, hormonal functioning, and psychosocial functioning influence cortisol reactivity in response to social exclusion and ostracism. Recent publications in this research area have appeared in Biological Psychology and Journal of Social and Personal Relationships. She has also co-authored a chapter (in press) on developmental psychopathology in the new edition of Vulnerability to Psychopathology. Her appendix on “Careers in Psychology” has been published in multiple editions of Dave Myers' Psychology best-selling textbooks.
Professor Jennifer Zwolinski has taught a variety of courses at the University of San Diego, including lower level introduction to psychology courses, as well as upper division clinical psychology courses in the major. In addition to teaching departmental classes, Professor Zwolinski has taught a course on trauma, victimization, and coping for the master's program in Peace and Justice Studies. In the Honors Program, she has also taught Introduction to Psychology as well as an interdisciplinary team-taught course, The Good Life, with her husband, Matt Zwolinski in the Philosophy department.
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, UC San Diego-SDSU Joint Doctoral Program
- MS, Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University
- BS, Psychology, Santa Clara University
- Price, J., & Zwolinski, J. (2010). “Vulnerability to Psychopathology Among Youth”, Revised. In R. Ingram & J. M. Price (Eds.), Handbook of Vulnerability to Psychopathology: Risk Across the Lifespan (2nd Ed.), pp. 18-38. New York: Guilford Press.
- Zwolinski, J. (2010). “Happiness Around the World.” In K. Keith (Ed.), Cross-cultural psychology: A contemporary reader. Wiley/Blackwell Publishers.
- Zwolinski, J. (2009). “Appendix: Careers in Psychology.” In D. Myers’ Psychology (9th edition). New York: Worth Publishers.
- Zwolinski, J. (2008). “Biopsychosocial Responses to Social Rejection in Targets of Relational Aggression.” Biological Psychology , 79, 260-267.