Veronica Galvan Wins 2014 Davies Award for Teaching Excellence
Friday, May 9, 2014
The Department of Psychological Sciences proudly congratulates Dr. Veronica Galvan for her recent, well-deserved Davies Award.
The Davies Award was established by Mrs. Darlene Davies in memory of her husband, Lowell Davies. The focus of the Davies Award is teaching excellence within the College of Arts and Sciences. Teaching excellence is seen through the following:
- commitment to the values of a liberal arts education;
- a demanding intellectual presence in the classroom;
- accessibility to students;
- impact on student lives beyond the classroom experience; and
- contributions to the growth of colleagues as effective teachers.
The Honors Convocation, which takes place toward the end of each spring semester, includes the Davies Award for Teaching Excellence.