49th District of California Internship
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
The federal congressional office that serves the 49th District of California encompassing Carlsbad, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Encinitas and Oceanside welcomes applications for a Congressional internship to individuals who wish to advance their education through hands on experience. These internships provide an excellent opportunity to see the legislative process in action. College students and recent graduates interested in gaining first-hand experience about our country’s legislative process by assisting with constituent inquiries, casework with federal agencies and legislative research are encouraged to apply.
Interns must commit to between 15-20 hours per week between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:30 pm Monday through Friday.
• Political awareness, acumen and affinity
• Willingness and enthusiasm to lend a hand to all facets of the office, wherever help is needed
• Strong work ethic and sense of initiative, professionalism and time management
• Pleasant, patient temperament with a willingness to help constituents.
• Solid written and oral communication skills
• Basic computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office
To apply please send in a resume, cover letter, and a 2-5 page writing sample, preferably articulating your position on a political issue, to the district office at CA49DOinternship@mail.house.gov.
No phone calls please.
* Paid and unpaid internship opportunities are posted for informational purposes only. The postings do not constitute an endorsement by the University of the opinions or activities of the internship provider.