Part-Time Paid Internship at BAE Systems Support Solutions
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Attention: Candidates interested in a paid Part-Time (30-39 hours) Non Technical summer internship at BAE Systems Support Solutions within San Diego Ship Repair:
BAE Systems Support Solutions offers internships in various engineering, operations and business disciplines that create a platform for your professional growth and development and provide a head start on building your career. As a BAE Systems intern, you will benefit from supervised and comprehensive on-the-job experience and be encouraged to contribute fresh ideas in an environment that encourages participation and imagination.
While interning at BAE Systems, you will:
Work with new technologies;
Develop lasting relationships with recent grads and fellow interns through our mentoring program (available at specific sites);
Participate in team building activities designed to strengthen your relationship amongst your peers and BAE Systems;
Be challenged with substantial work that will be beneficial to your academic and future professional career.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
To apply basic knowledge of business theory in performing simple assignments supporting departments in the Company. This job description is applicable only to seasonal or summer hires and is not intended for full time employees.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates a computer terminal to enter, edit, modify, retrieve and delete a wide variety of data used for reports and analyses. Verifies source material for authenticity purposes.
2. Provides support in preparing reports, documentation and analyses to higher level department personnel.
3. Obtains documentation and other data needed to help develop procedures for future projects and analyses.
4. Assists higher level department personnel in performing calculations and tracking contractual and financial data.
5. May proof and edit text of reports, proposals and other documentation.
6. Assist with proposal development and technical marketing.
7. Meeting attendance, note taking, agenda development, meeting notices.
8. Performs other duties as required.
* Paid and unpaid internship opportunities are posted for informational purposes only. The postings do not constitute an endorsement by the University of the opinions or activities of the iternship provider.