Two Math Majors receive the GEICO Achievement Award
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Congratulations to Jeremy Leon and JuliAnn Machschefes, the winners of the 2012 GEICO Achievement Award!
The scholarship awards were presented by Gecko, the mascot of the GEICO company, during the awards ceremony which took place on May 11, at the Career Services Office, USD. According to the Director of Career Services, Linda Scales, “This is the first year that math majors have been chosen – it has usually been business students who applied in the past. We are very impressed with the initiative shown by this year’s winners!”
GEICO, one of USD’s on-campus recruiters, selects the award recipients based on the students’ applications and recommendations. Here are more details about the GEICO $1,000 Achievement Awards.
- Be a college sophomore or junior.
- Be majoring in a business related field
- Be a leader on campus and/or in the community
- Have at least a 3.0 overall GPA
- Completed application
- Essay answering the question on the application
- Letter of recommendation from faculty
- Unofficial transcripts