Immerse Yourself in London Theatre: Summer 2011
Friday, October 22, 2010
ENGL 494/THEA 494: London Plays in Production
Study theatre in the greatest theatre city in the world. Students will read and see eight to 10 plays and visit a range of venues, from the Royal National Theatre and Donmar Warehouse to abandoned subway tunnels. We include as wide a range of shows as possible, putting together a “season” that includes classical, modern, multicultural and experimental plays and musicals. Past productions have included such award winning shows as "Waiting for Godot" (with Ian McKellan) and Elton John’s much lauded musical "Billy Elliot." A number of field trips related to the plays will provide context and background. This course fulfills the GE fine arts or literature requirement, as well as major/minor, upper division elective requirements in both disciplines.
- Dates: June 24 (arrival) – July 16 (departure)
- Application Deadline: December 15, 2010
- Program cost: $4350 (includes application fee, tuition, housing, excursions and insurance). Save $1,165. Tuition is discounted to offset program fee.
- Students are responsible for their own transportation, meals, and personal expenses.
- Financial aid is available in the form of need-based scholarships and loans.
- Visit USD International Studies Abroad for more information.