Chem Club Recognized by the American Chemical Society Committee on Education
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
The American Chemical Society Committee on Education awarded the USD Chem Club with a Commendable Chapter Award for its 2009-2010 activities. Previously the Chem Club received an Honorable Mention and Meritorious Service Award. The club also received a Green Chemistry Chapter Award. The Chapter Award will be presented at the ACS national meeting this spring in Anaheim, Calif.
The reviewers noted the exceptional amount of student research and its successful presentation, including the attendance of USD Chem Club members at two national meetings during the 2009-2010 academic year.
The USD Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry would like to thank Shannen Cravens, Chem Club secretary for writing and submitting the report to the American Chemical Society Committee on Education. Congratulations and thanks go to the 2009-2010 Chem Club officers and advisors:
- Stephanie Roadarmel – President
- Michelle Grau – Co-Vice President
- Taylor Hepp – Co-Vice-President
- Shannen Cravens – Secretary
- Jessica Cryder – Treasurer
- Alyssa Navapanich , Kyle Cordova, Caitlyn Stevens, Christopher Hincke – Community Service and Programming
- Jennifer Fleishmann – ICC representative
- Dr. Christopher Daley - Advisor