USD McNair Summer Research Program
The USD McNair Summer Research Program is an 8-10 week intensive academic experience that allows promising USD undergraduates the opportunity to explore their research inquiries, work closely with a USD faculty mentor, and learn about the doctoral career path.
USD McNair Summer Research Interns are eligible for:
- $2500 stipend
- $250 research supplies fund
- Campus housing for duration of the Summer Research Program
- GRE test preparation
- GRE fee waiver or reduction
In addition to conducting full-time research, McNair Research Interns:
- Attend the McNair Boot Camp at San Jose State University
- Present their research at the UCSD Summer Research Conference
- Accomplish major components of the graduate application process
- Attend cultural and leadership events
In order to submit a proposal for the McNair Summer Research Program you must first be accepted as a USD McNair Scholar. Once accepted, you will identify a USD faculty member to serve as your mentor throughout the research project and graduate application process. Together with your mentor you will produce a summer research proposal. All proposals must include a proposal cover sheet, and should fully address the requirements listed below.
The 2013 deadline for submitting a Summer Research Program proposal is Friday, April 19th.
Proposals are to be submitted to McNair office: Barcelona 301.