USD McNair Summer Research Program
The USD McNair Summer Research Program is an 8-10 week intensive academic experience that allows promising USD undergraduates the opportunity to explore their research inquiries, work closely with a USD faculty mentor, and learn about the doctoral career path.
USD McNair Summer Research Interns are eligible for:
- $2500 stipend
- $250 research supplies fund
- Campus housing for duration of the Summer Research Program
- GRE test preparation
- GRE fee waiver or reduction
In addition to conducting full-time research, McNair Research Interns:
- Attend the McNair Boot Camp at San Jose State University
- Present their research at the UCSD Summer Research Conference
- Accomplish major components of the graduate application process
- Attend cultural and leadership events
Summer Research Proposal Process
In order to submit a proposal for the McNair Summer Research Program, you must first be accepted as a USD McNair Scholar—this is a separate process than the research proposal. Once accepted, you will identify a USD faculty member to serve as your mentor throughout the research project, as well as the graduate application process. Together, you and your mentor will produce a summer research proposal which must include a cover sheet (see PDF below). The proposal must fully address all of the requirements listed.
All applications must be submitted in hard copy form (see PDF below) to the TRiO McNair Scholars Office in the Barcelona, Building, Suite 301.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or via telephone at 619 260-7580.