The Innovation in Community Engagement Award recognizes faculty who, through innovation and imagination, connected their expertise and scholarship with community outreach in ongoing ways that benefited the public, the campus, and the scholarly community. The award winner will receive $500 honorarium and an opportunity to present his/her work at a University-wide reception.
Specifically, the award seeks to identify faculty who:
- Have developed innovative scholarly approaches to engage external community partners in a meaningful and sustainable manner.
- Have a shared and transparent vision of the project goals with community stakeholders.
- Have used early stage innovation to position the project for future growth.
- Have increased the institutional commitment to civic engagement through community-based work that is aligned with the mission of USD.
Deadline for receipt of application materials:
- 5:00 PM, Wednesday, February 11, 2015.
- Tenured and tenure track faculty members.
- Curriculum vitae
- A narrative (maximum of 2 pages) that describes your work against the backdrop of the award description. The narrative should address the following items:
- What is innovative about your project? Be sure to highlight explicitly the most innovative elements and point out how your project stands out from related work.
- Describe the impact and scope of your project as it applies to the community, our campus, and the scholarly community.
- Explicitly address the sustainability of your project going forward. What are the long-term objectives on both sides of the partnership?
- Letter of support from an off-campus community partner that should address the impact of the project, the sustainability, and innovative features.
- Selection of the award winner will be made by the Committee on Innovation in Community Engagement (CICE). The CICE supports and recognizes faculty from all disciplines as they engage the community in meaningful and sustainable ways.
- Award winner will be announced at the end of March 2015.
Please send application materials to CICE Chair:
Chemistry and Biochemistry