Innovation in Community Engagement
Members are selected by having interest in and willingness to assume a level of responsibility in a particular area; the committee attempts to have representation from each of the Schools and a number of departments in Arts and Sciences.
- Recognize faculty for excellence and innovation in community engagement.
- Obtain funds (through grants and endowments) to support faculty development in community engagement.
- Sponsor faculty workshops to stimulate creativity in community engagement.
- Promote recognition on- and off-campus of USD community contributions and classroom excellence.
- Send faculty, staff, and students to regional and national conferences to learn and present.
- Support and publish community based research and research on the effectiveness of community engagement.