The University Library Committee serves in an advisory capacity to the Dean of the University Library on matters of general policy, planning, programs, goals, and objectives. Each School and the College of Arts and Sciences based on size has from one to three representatives on the committee. There are also two student representatives and an additional representative from the library management team. Appointments are for a period of two years and renewable. The committee meets twice each semester. The responsibilities of the committee are as follows:
- Advises and reviews library policies for instruction, resources, services, and the facility.
- Advises regarding library services, especially innovation, for the campus community.
- Discusses budgetary issues for books, journals, databases, media, etc.
- Reviews benchmarking reports with peer institutions for resources, staffing, and services.
- Reviews the annual report for Copley Library.
- Fosters communication with and keeps faculty and other constituency groups informed of major library issues.
- Ensures the library is connected with and supports the University’s academic programs.
- Serves as an advocate for Copley Library.
Theresa Byrd, Dean of the University Library
Brian Johnson, School of Nursing
Jae Kim, School of Engineering
Curtis Loer, Biology Department
Ryan Nations, Graduate School
Michael O’ Brien, Library and Web Services
Tom Reifer, Sociology
Jonathan Sandy, School of Business
Dustin Sharp,Kroc School of Peace Studies
T.(Soma) Somasundaram, School of Business
Joi Spencer, SOLES
Laura Turner, Copley Library
Chris Wessells, IT Services
Maria Yakovleva, Undergraduate Student
2013-2014 Meetings, in Copley Library Seminar Room
Monday, October 20, 2014 12:15pm-1:15pm
Monday, December 1, 2014 11:50am-12:50pm
Monday, February 9, 2015 11:50am-12:50pm
Monday, May 4, 2015 11:50am-12:50pm