The University Library Committee serves in an advisory capacity to the University Librarian on matters of general policy, planning, programs, goals, and objectives. Each School and the College of Arts and Sciences based on size has from one to three representatives on the committee. There are also two student representatives and an additional representative from the library management team. Appointments are for a period of two years and renewable. The committee meets twice each semester. For 2012-2013, the meetings are from 12:00pm to 1:00pm on September 25, November 27, February 19, and April 23. The responsibilities of the committee are as follows:
- Advises and reviews library policies for instruction, resources, services, and the facility.
- Advises regarding library services, especially innovation, for the campus community.
- Discusses budgetary issues for books, journals, databases, media, etc.
- Reviews benchmarking reports with peer institutions for resources, staffing, and services.
- Reviews the annual report for Copley Library.
- Fosters communication with and keeps faculty and other constituency groups informed of major library issues.
- Ensures the library is connected with and supports the University’s academic programs.
- Serves as an advocate for Copley Library.
1. Chair – Tom Reifer
2. University Librarian – Theresa Byrd
3. College of Arts and Sciences – Tom Reifer, Curtis Loer, Joseph McGowan
4. School of Business – Jonathan Sandy, Tygarajan Somasundaram
5. Hahn School of Nursing and Health Sciences – Barbara Sarter
6. Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies – Dustin Sharp
7. School of Leadership and Education Sciences – Joi Spencer
8. Chief Information Officer – Chris Wessells
9. Additional Copley Library Representative – Michael Epstein
10. Undergraduate Student – Sophia Carillo
11. Graduate Student – Nicholas Franco
September 15, 2011
November 17, 2011
February 23, 2012
April 26, 2012