The University Library Committee serves in an advisory capacity to the Dean of the University Library on matters of general policy, planning, programs, goals, and objectives. Each School and the College of Arts and Sciences based on size has from one to three representatives on the committee. There are also two student representatives and an additional representative from the library management team. Appointments are for a period of two years and renewable. The committee meets twice each semester. The responsibilities of the committee are as follows:
- Advises and reviews library policies for instruction, resources, services, and the facility.
- Advises regarding library services, especially innovation, for the campus community.
- Discusses budgetary issues for books, journals, databases, media, etc.
- Reviews benchmarking reports with peer institutions for resources, staffing, and services.
- Reviews the annual report for Copley Library.
- Fosters communication with and keeps faculty and other constituency groups informed of major library issues.
- Ensures the library is connected with and supports the University’s academic programs.
- Serves as an advocate for Copley Library.
1. Chair – Tom Reifer
2. Dean of the University Library – Theresa Byrd
3. College of Arts and Sciences – Tom Reifer, Curtis Loer
4. School of Business – Jonathan Sandy, Tygarajan Somasundaram
5. Hahn School of Nursing and Health Sciences – Dr. Brian Johnson
6. Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies – Dustin Sharp
7. School of Leadership and Education Sciences – Joi Spencer
8. Chief Information Officer – Chris Wessells
9. Additional Copley Library Representative – Laura Turner
10. Undergraduate Student – Maria Yakovleva
11. Graduate Student – Afarin Dadkhah
2013-2014 Meetings, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm in Copley Library Seminar Room
October 14, 2013
November 26, 2013
February 3, 2014
April 14, 2014