The University Library Committee serves in an advisory capacity to the Dean of the University Library on matters of general policy, planning, programs, goals, and objectives. Each School and the College of Arts and Sciences based on size has from one to three representatives on the committee. There are also two student representatives and an additional representative from the library management team. Appointments are for a period of two years and renewable. The committee meets twice each semester. The responsibilities of the committee are as follows:
- Advises and reviews library policies for instruction, resources, services, and the facility.
- Advises regarding library services, especially innovation, for the campus community.
- Discusses budgetary issues for books, journals, databases, media, etc.
- Reviews benchmarking reports with peer institutions for resources, staffing, and services.
- Reviews the annual report for Copley Library.
- Fosters communication with and keeps faculty and other constituency groups informed of major library issues.
- Ensures the library is connected with and supports the University’s academic programs.
- Serves as an advocate for Copley Library.
- Theresa Byrd, Dean of the University Library
- Ann Mayo, School of Nursing
- Jae Kim, School of Engineering
- Curtis Loer, Biology Department
- Aubrie Cook, Graduate School
- Om Kanwar, Undergraduate Student
- Michael O’ Brien, Library and Web Services
- Tom Reifer, Sociology
- Jonathan Sandy, School of Business
- Dustin Sharp,Kroc School of Peace Studies
- T.(Soma) Somasundaram, School of Business
- Bobbi Hansen, SOLES
- Laura Turner, Copley Library
- Chris Wessells, IT Services
2016-2017 Meetings, in Copley Library Seminar Room
Tuesday, October 18, 2016 12:30pm-1:30pm
Tuesday, December 6, 2016 12:30pm-1:30pm
Tuesday, February 7, 2017 12:30pm-1:30pm
Tuesday, April 25, 2017 12:30pm-1:30pm