Our Barcelona program is located in the Pedralbes and Les Corts district at Avenida Diagonal 684 (between stations Palau Reial and Maria Cristina on the Metro Green Line). The immediate area is upscale and relatively expensive. Students usually commute by bus or metro from livelier and cheaper districts. Two popular areas include Las Ramblas and the Waterfront, each about 30 minutes from the school.
USD does not offer campus housing in Barcelona; however, we have identified an experienced Barcelona real estate agent to assist in finding rentals. Students are not required to use this service and may secure their own housing.
Renting a room with a family is an economical choice. Students also rent short-let apartments or stay in a guest house, B&B, hostel, dormitory or an aparthotel (building with studios and small apartments). Be aware of security issues in hostels, as it may be difficult to safeguard possessions.
Note that housing prices are quoted in Euros. Private landlords typically require the deposit amount you have negotiated to be sent as a wire transfer in Euros. Do not send money without verifying that the landlord is a reputable estate agent or has the right to rent to you. Retain a copy of all records.
- Hostelworld: Some of the least expensive housing; may be in multi-share rooms.
- TripAdvisor: Every range of accommodation; can search by location within Barcelona.
- Lonely Planet: Within Barcelona, click on Hostels & Hotels for a number of economic choices.
- Barcelona30: Click on Hostels or B&Bs for cheaper accommodations.
- Open House Barcelona: A commercial housing agency with many choices for short-term rentals.
Recommendations from Previous Students
- La Residencia de Diagonal
- La Residencia Penyafort
- Residencia Sant Jordi
- Aparthotel Atenea Calabria
- Aparthotel Bertran
- House Family B&B
- Aparthotel Silver
- Alberguinn Sants Youth Hostel
Places to Stay Upon Arrival
- Hostal Lausanne, Avinguda Portal de l'Àngel 24, phone: +34 93 302 1139
- Hostal Windsor, Rambla de Catalunya 84, L'Eixample, phone: +34 93 215 1198
Alerts and Warnings
- Secure your housing sooner, not later. Barcelona is a busy city and popular summer destination.
- Do not arrive without a room reservation for at least the first night in Barcelona.
- Print out a map of the neighborhood and directions for reaching your housing location by public transportation from the airport (taxis are easy but costly).
- Take copies of all communications and receipts regarding your housing arrangements.