State Bar of California Real Property Law Section (RPLS): Law Student Writing Competition
- Subject: Any article that analyzes some area of California real property law.
- Deadline for entry is February 13, 2015.
- Grand Prize: Publication in the RPLS Journal 2015 third quarter issue.
2015 Ed Mendrzycki Essay Contest
- Subject: A hypothetical involving liability issues arising from the breach of a law firm's computer network.
- Deadline for entry is February 20, 2015.
- Grand Prize: $5,000.
State Bar of California Criminal Law Section: 2014-15 Competition for Student Papers in Criminal Law and/or Criminal Procedure
- Subject: Any paper pertaining to criminal law and/or to criminal procedure, with a particular focus on contemporary issues of concern in the State of California.
- Deadline for entry is February 28, 2015
Environmental Law Institute (ELI) 2014-15 Beveridge and Diamond Constitutional Environmental Law Writing Competition
- Subject: Any paper of the topic constitutional environmental law.
- Deadline for entry is April 6, 2015.
- Grand Prize: $2,000, publication in the Environmental Law Reporter, and a one-year individual membership to ELI.
International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC): 2015 Legal Writing Contest
- Subject: Any paper on the topics of tort law, insurance law, civil procedure, evidence, or other areas of practical concern to lawyers engaged in the defense or management of the defense of civil litigation.
- Deadline for entry is May 15, 2015.
- First Place: $2,000 and plaque
- Second Place: $1,000 and plaque
- Third Place: $500 and plaque
- Honorable Mention: Plaque
The American College of Employee Benefits Counsel (ACEBC): 1st Annual Employee Benefits Writing Prize
- Subject: Any paper on the topic of employee benefits.
- Deadline for entry is June 2, 2015.
- ACEBC Award: $1,500
- Sidney M. Perlstadt Memorial Award: $1,500