This event occurred in the past
Date and Time
Sunday, January 23, 2011 from 1:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice
Regulatory and Legal Issues in the Year Ahead:
What Directors, General Counsel, Managers and
Shareholders Need to Know
Join us for an afternoon of dialogue on cutting-edge corporate governance issues. Find out what's on the minds of institutional investors, directors and regulators. Enjoy the opportunity to ask questions of our expert speakers.
Opening keynote address: Securities and Exchange Commissioner Kathleen Casey
New to the program this year is an opening keynote address by Commissioner Casey, who will provide insights on the latest developments at the SEC, including implementation of Dodd-Frank.
Session One: The Changing Regulatory Landscape: The road ahead—an in-depth look by experts
- Cynthia L. Richson, co-director of the University of San Diego School of Law Center for Corporate and Securities Law,
former head of corporate governance for Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) and State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB)
- Brian V. Breheny, partner, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flon LLP, former SEC deputy director, corporate finance division
- Christine S. Richard, Bloomberg News, author of Confidence Game: How Bill Ackman Called Wall Street's Bluff
- Lynn E. Turner, senior advisor, Law and Economics Consulting Group (LECG), an international forensics economic consulting firm, Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) trustee and former SEC chief accountant
Session Two: Legal Developments and Litigation Trends: Beyond the financial crisis
- Frank Partnoy, George E. Barrett Professor of Law and Finance and co-director, University of San Diego School of Law Center for Corporate and Securities Law
- Koji Fukumura, partner and co-chair of the securities litigation practice, Cooley LLP
- U.S. District Judge Barbara Lynn, Northern District of Texas, Dallas Division
- Darren J. Robbins, founding partner, Robbins, Geller, Rudman & Dowd LLP
Book Signing by Christine S. Richard,
author of Confidence Game: How a Hedge Fund Manager Called Wall Street's Bluff
Bonus Session Pricing
- Free to all registered Directors Forum 2011 attendees
- $75—USD alumni, Corporate Director Forum and CFA Society members who are not attending the conference
- $100—MCLE bonus session only
- $250—MCLE bonus session, plus conference cocktail reception, dinner and keynote address by Phil Angelides, chairman Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission
Bonus Session MCLE Credit
The University of San Diego, School of Law is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider and certifies that this activity is approved for MCLE credit in the amount of 3.25 hours of general credit.
For Additional Information
For more information, please contact Leilani Sharrett, program coordinator, USD School of Law Center for Corporate and Securities Law at 619-260-4208.