USD School of Law was accredited by the American Bar Association in 1961. The law school is also a member of the American Association of Law Schools and one of the 81 member schools of the Order of the Coif.
Admissions and Entering Class Profile
- All applicants to the law school must read the statement on character and fitness for the Bar.
- Applicants may also review the profile of students enrolled in Fall 2013. Please see the ABA Standard 509 report (PDF). More detailed information about our attrition and graduate rates and complete student body is available in our general consumer information document (PDF).
- General information for transfer applicants is available on the transfer information web page. This page provides our process and policies. For more detail, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for Transfer Students in the same section.
Bar Pass Data and Employment Outcomes
- Applicants and current students should refer to the Standard 509 Report (PDF) for the 3 most recent years of bar pass statistics.
- Applicants and current students should refer to our Office of Career and Professional Development website to view our nine-month employment data for the graduating classes of 2012 and 2011.
- Information about the law school's current courses, course descriptions and graduation requirements is available on our website.
- Applicants and current students should refer to the Standard 509 Report (PDF) for statistics relating to course offerings.
- Detailed information about our full-time and adjunct faculty are available on our website
- Applicants and current students should refer to the Standard 509 Report (PDF) for statistics relating to our faculty
Legal Research Center
- Library Holdings—Fiscal Year 2013
- Print Titles: 78,618
- Microform Titles: 580,201
- Electronic Titles (owned): 469,573
- Other non-book title: 689
- Total titles: 1,129,081
- Volumes (excluding microforms): 219,300
- Volume equivalent microforms: 321,071
- Total volumes and volume equivalents held at end of fiscal year 2013: 543,071
- Detailed information about the Pardee Legal Research Center is available on our website
Tuition, Scholarships and Financial Aid
The law school’s most recent tuition and cost of enrollment information are posted on our Financial Aid website. Applicants and current students should refer to our Academic Scholarships and USD Law School Grants web page for more information about our awards.
Student Complaints Concerning Compliance with the ABA Standards (Standard 512)
Students should refer to the Student Complaint web page if they encounter a significant problem that directly implicates the law school’s program of legal education and its compliance with the ABA Standards.