Registration for all continuing law students has been scheduled as follows:
- Friday, October 30 at 7 a.m.
- All upper class JD students in the Part-Time Program
- All LLM students
- All MSLS students
- Monday, November 2 at 7 a.m.
- All 3L JD students in the Full-Time Program
- Thursday, November 5 at 7 a.m.
- All 2L JD students in the Full-Time Program
- All visiting students
Students should log into MySanDiego no later than 6:45 a.m. Registration begins promptly at 7 a.m. Registration will occur on a first-come, first-served basis on the above dates and times for each appropriate group of students.
Online registration for Spring 2016 courses will be unavailable between December 3 at 11:59 p.m. and December 21 at 12:01 a.m. to observe the Fall 2015 final exam period.
As you begin the course registration process, you may notice that some classes have Reserved Seating Restrictions. Please note that all Reserved Seating Restrictions will be released on Thursday, January 7, 2016 by noon.
First-Year Law Students
Your Spring schedule will be determined for you, as you do not yet have access to online registration. Please look for your Spring schedule in MySanDiego on Wednesday, November 25, 2015.
- Registration Instructions
- Information About the Automated Waitlist
- Reserved Seats FAQ
- Online registration occurs in MySanDiego (BANNER).
- Navigate to the"Law Student" page
- Under "Registration Tools" select "Look Up Classes" Make special note of the "CRN" number - this is the code you will use to register online for courses.
- Next choose "Old Add/Drop Classes" from the Registration Tools area. We do not recommend using "New Add/Drop Registration" at this time.
- Registration Errors appear near the bottom of the screen. You will have to scroll down the screen to see them.
- Error Message Examples (PDF)
- Technical Support. For support regarding registration please contact the ITS Help Desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (619) 260–7900.
- Check your USD email account frequently if you are on a waitlist so that you do not run the risk of missing your 24-hour email notification when a seat becomes available. Notification messages are only sent to your USD email account (email@example.com. Use extra caution when dropping classes with wait lists. The moment you drop, a space opens for another student and everyone else moves up on the wait list. If you drop in error, your only option is to add yourself to the end of the wait list, if the wait list is still open.
Online Registration Support
If you are experiencing technical difficulty please contact the ITS Help Desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (619) 260–7900. If you are experiencing issues with pre–requisites or other non–technical registration matters, please contact the Office of the Law School Registrar via email at email@example.com, or by phone at (619) 260-4526.