Below is a quick set of instructions to make the process of web registration easier using the BANNER student system.
- Log into the MySanDiego portal with your normal USD username and password.
- Click on the Law Student tab. Use MySanDiego to view the course schedule, the course descriptions, the exam schedule, the clinic application procedures, etc.
- Scroll down to the Registration Tools area. Click Add or Drop Classes, choose the proper term and click Submit.
- If you know the CRN(s) you want to register for, just put them in and hit Submit Changes.
- This will take you back to the Add or Drop Classes screen. This screen will show either the classes you added or any errors that you may have encountered. You will need to scroll down the screen to see any error messages.
- If you receive a message that the course you select is "Reserve Restricted" it is due to the fact that a number of seats have been reserved for special categories of students. This message indicates that the class is currently closed to additional students at this time. If these reserved seats are not utilized they will become available to additional students near the start of the semester.
- If you receive a message that the "section is closed" but the "waitlist is open" then you may add yourself to the waitlist. To be added to the waitlist use the Action status code of Waitlist. If you do not wish to be waitlisted then select a different course or section.
- Check to make sure the classes you successfully registered for are listed as **Web Registered** on the Add or Drop Classes screen and, if so, you’re done! If you do not see your courses near the top of the screen scroll down to check for error messages.
- To Drop a class, or remove yourself from a waitlist, navigate to the Add or Drop Classes screen. Click on the drop down menu of the class you want to drop in the Action column. Change the action from "None" to "DROP," and click on submit changes. Use extra caution when dropping classes with waitlists. The moment you drop, a space opens for another student and everyone else moves up on the waitlist. If you drop in error, your only option is to add yourself to the end of the waitlist, if the waitlist is still open.
- Please note, BANNER will prevent you from ever dropping your last class. If you wish to drop your last class it will have to be done in the Records Office.
Online Registration Support
If you are experiencing technical difficulty please contact the ITS Help Desk via email at email@example.com, or by phone at (619) 260–7900. If you are experiencing issues with pre–requisites or other non–technical registration matters, please contact the Office of the Law School Registrar via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (619) 260-4526.