To use ExamSoft for final exams complete the following steps:
- Make sure you have an active USD email account: This account is necessary to access the wireless Internet, and for the setup of ExamSoft's student database. If you have not already done so, please activate your account online now.
- Download and register the actual SofTest program.
- Username: your USD student ID (9-digit format, i.e. 008403215)
- Password: last 6 digits of your Social Security number
- Once registered, you may begin to download your personal exam files or electronic bluebooks. They are available now and will continue to be available throughout the examination period:
- Double click the "SofTest" icon on your desktop
- Select "Download Exam Files" from the main menu
- Log in with your 9-digit USD ID number and the last 6-digits of your Social Security number
- Skip past the screen asking for a download password
- Download your personal Exam Files
Please Note: If you do not download your personal exam files you will not have the ability to use your laptop for your final exams. Please allow extra time for this process to account for technical difficulties. If you experience trouble with this process, please report you issues to the Office of Law School Registrar.
What if I have a Macintosh computer?
There is a Mac native version of SofTest. Please go to the ExamSoft website and read the Minimum System Requirements to see if your Mac is compatible.
What if I need other accommodations?
- Students with examination conflicts (two exams on the same day, or a 6 p.m. exam followed by an 8:30 a.m. or 9 a.m. exam the following morning) should request a conflict accommodation.
- Students with disabilities should request a disability accommodation.
- Students who have been deemed eligible for language accommodation (LLMC students only) should request a language accommodation.
Exam accommodations must be submitted to the Office of the Law School Registrar no later than Sunday, March 31, 2013.