Expand your options: network from day one
"Start networking on day one. Go to all of the events and make contacts. It's worth the extra effort. I did a lot of networking my 1L year and it has helped me tremendously."
Legal interests: Civil litigation, tax and corporate law.
Bachelor's degree: BA in Music Education, Fresno State University, 2013.
Hometown: Fresno, Calif.
Dream job: in-house counsel at a Fortune 100 company.
- Q: Why did you choose USD School of Law?
A: As soon as I stepped onto the campus I knew I wanted to go here. The atmosphere is amazing. The students are relaxed and the faculty always make time for you.
- Q: What surprised you the most about law school?
A: I did not realize how much it would push me both mentally and personally. I knew it would be challenging, but I did not realize how much I would grow!
- Q: How hard is law school? Is it more or less effort than you imagined?
A: I think it was a little less than I expected just because everyone hyped up how hard it would be. It was still challenging, but not as stressful as I had initially imagined
- Q: Did you have to make any changes to your personal life to attend law school?
I moved from Fresno to San Diego by myself. I stayed near home for undergrad so it was a huge change for me.
- Q: What advice would you give to a prospective student? What would you do differently if you had the chance?
A: Start networking on day one. Go to all of the events and make contacts. It's worth the extra effort. I did a lot of networking my 1L year and it has helped me tremendously.