Printing at USD
Printers are available in the LRC and Serra Hall computing labs as well as various locations across campus. In order to print, you must have campus cash loaded on your Torero card. To learn more about campus cash and how to add money to your account, visit Campus Cash Services.
You do not need to be physically at a lab to send a document to the library printers, but you must visit the lab to print out your material within 48 hours or it will be removed from the print queue.
In order to print at USD, you must first setup your account. You register by scanning your Torero card and following the instructions on one of the print release stations in the law library.
Email Method. Send the file you want printed in an email from your torero email address. Attachments are limited to 25MB file size. Visit the law library computer labs to release your black and white print jobs. For color print jobs, scan your Torero card at a library copier room. Copier rooms are located next to the Circulation desk, in the California room and in the upstairs Reading Room.
- For B&W double-sided ($.08 cents per page): firstname.lastname@example.org
- For B&W single-sided ($.06 cents per page): email@example.com
- For Color single-sided ($.35 cents per page): firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Color double-sided ($.35 cents per page): email@example.com
Online Mobile Print Center Method. Visit http://mobileprint.sandiego.edu - you will log in with your USDOne account and upload your file.
- Choose the printer and lab you want to pick up your materials from.
- Update the printing options for your file like color, single or double-sided.
- View your account balance.
- Add more email addresses to your print account so that you can use the email method from multiple email addresses.
*If you use the Mobile Print Center method, you will not need to scan your torero card at a printer because once you submit the file for printing, money will be deducted from your account and the print job will process.
The law library has two computer labs for the use of university members. One lab is located on the first floor by the entrance to the library. PC and MAC computers are available. The second lab is located in the library's Reading Room. To print from a lab computer:
- Users open a file on any lab computer.
- Select the print option.
- Choose which library printer to send the file.
- An onscreen request to label the print job will appear. You must use your USDOne account login as the label of every print job you create in the computer lab.
Please stop by the LRC circulation desk so we can assist with any printing issues.