Monday, February 3, 2014
Teach For America is a national nonprofit that is working to put an end to the education gap in our country. We know it’s possible to give all kids a great education and the opportunities that come with it. By teaching with Teach For America, you will join thousands of leaders helping students in low-income communities make the academic progress that will positively influence their future. You’ll develop the leadership skills, insights, and commitment that will drive you to be a lifelong advocate for kids and communities. And you’ll build relationships with fellow corps members, alumni, and community partners to meet this challenge.
Opportunities to learn more:
• Talk with your campus representative: Elle Tozer was a 2010 Teach For America corps member and taught 11th and 12th grade special education in Washington, DC. She now works with students to support them through the application process. Send Elle an email (email@example.com) to set-up a time to talk!
• Visit a corps member classroom: Our corps members love having visitors, and it can be incredibly powerful to see corps members in action. If you can’t attend an in-person visit, you can also access a video visit from anywhere by RSVPing.
• Attend an online event: Engage with corps members, alumni, and our regional communities by attending a live webinar presentation via your computer. You can join a group discussion and answer questions directly. Online events will be held on a variety of topics, and you can request topics for future online events as well.
• Google Hangout with TFA Alums: The corps member or alum will share their story over the group video call and tell why they joined TFA, what their corps experience was like, and how they continue to work for social justice now, and you’ll have a chance to ask any questions on your mind. We have many current corps members plus alumni in many sectors all hosting Hangouts in the upcoming weeks – plus many more that you can learn more information about before signing up.
You have the power to change things. Apply to the corps by Thursday, Feb. 20.
* Paid and unpaid internship opportunities are posted for informational purposes only. The postings do not constitute an endorsement by the University of the opinions or activities of the internship provider.