Thursday, April 11, 2013
The purpose of the Congressional Internship Program (CIP) is to expose young Latinos to the legislative process and to strengthen their professional and leadership skills, ultimately promoting the presence of Latinos on Capitol Hill and in Federal Agencies.
Congressional Internship Program Description:
The Congressional Internship Program provides college students with a paid work placement in a Congressional Office or Federal Agency for a period of twelve weeks (Spring/Fall) or eight weeks (Summer). This unmatched experience allows students to learn first hand about our nation's legislative process.
Program Requirements - Interns must:
- Work a minimum of 32 hours a week in congressional office assignment
- Participate in all CHCI-sponsored activities
- Attend one-week orientation and weekly leadership development sessions
- Participate in the community service project
- Comply with CHCI policies regarding work performance and personal conduct
Students can still apply by April 26 to the Fall Session.
To apply to the CHCI Congressional Internship and for more information please visit http://www.chci.org/internships/
* Paid and unpaid internship opportunities are posted for informational purposes only. The postings do not constitute an endorsement by the University of the opinions or activities of the internship provider.