Date and Time:
Saturday, January 25, 2014 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Warren Hall 131
Varies (see rates below)
- 8:30 – 9 a.m. Registration/Coffee and Muffins
- 9 – 10 a.m. DSM V - New & Improved?
Dr. George Woods
- 10 – 10:15 a.m. Break
- 10:15 – 11:30 a.m. Insanity - To Be or Not to Be?
John Cotsirilos, Esq. & Dr. George Woods
- 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. Arrived at Patton: Now What? (Lunch Presentation)
Allen Kilian, PhD and Sarah White, PhD
Department of State Hospitals (DSH) - Patton
- 1 – 2:15 p.m. Competency – What To Do If You Have A Doubt
Kurt Hermansen, Esq. & Dr. Bruce Yanofsky
2:15 – 3:30 p.m. Effective Use of Experts in Mental Health Cases
Richard Gates, Esq. and Dr. Cynthia Boyd
Early Registration Rates (received prior to 1/18/14)
(includes syllabus, coffee and muffins, and lunch)
- General Registration: $50.00
- USD Alumni: $40.00
- Current Federal Defenders and Appellate Defenders: $40.00
- Office of the Public Defender/Alt. Public Defender/CJA, OAC and ADI Panel Attorneys: $40.00
- Former Defenders, Inc. or Community Defenders, Inc. Attorneys: No charge
- USD Faculty and Students: No charge
If you are unable to register online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Rates (received after 1/18/14 and at the door)
- $65.00 (at-door registration will not guarantee lunch or syllabus)
University of San Diego School of Law is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider and certifies that this activity is approved for 5.75 hours of general credit.
Community Defenders, Inc. Grant Committee
- Laura Berend, Esq., Professor of Law, University of San Diego
- Kurt Hermansen, Esq.
- Alex Landon, Esq.
- Liz Missakian, Esq.
- Lynda Romero, Esq.
- Zaki Zehawi, Esq.
San Diego Psych-Law Society
Location and Directions
From the North: Use I-5 South, exit Sea World Dr. & Tecolote Rd. and proceed left at stoplight toward Morena Blvd. Turn right on Morena, left on Napa, and left on Linda Vista Rd. Travel to the second stoplight to USD's East entrance, turn left and enter campus.
From the South (or the airport): Use I-5 North, exit Morena Blvd. (signs will say: Morena Blvd. use I-8 East) Stay to the right and follow the signs for Morena Blvd. Take the first right onto Linda Vista Rd. Travel to the third stoplight to USD's East entrance, turn left and enter campus.
From the East: Use I-8 West, exit at Morena Blvd., go right onto Linda Vista Rd. and travel to the third stoplight to USD's East Entrance, turn left and enter campus.
Once you have entered campus (from all directions): From the East entrance, Warren Hall is the third building on the left after you take a left onto Torero Way.
Visitor parking permits will be available at the main campus entrance kiosk. Please be sure to obtain a permit and display it in your vehicle.