Wednesday, August 19, 2009
This position will assist the Development and Alumni Relations office in all areas of daily operation. The work study employee will work through the executive assistant supporting all members of the office with project related tasks. The individual must be able and willing to switch projects as priority tasks demand more attention. It will require the employee to provide efficient and effective use of time as a way to be a productive asset to the office. The work study student worker responsibilities include, but are not limited to; answering main office phone line, contacting alumni with reminders for planned events, updating alumni database with contact information, organizing and completing large mailing tasks for solicitations and invitations, and researching information to track School of Law alumni, staffing alumni events, and assist in gift processing.
10 to 20 hours per week; flexible schedule, with most hours required between 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Excellent phone skills for answering office line and communicating with alumni on a regular basis
• Computer literacy required, MS Office experience preferred
• Skills necessary to compile mailing lists and documents in Microsoft Excel and Word applications
• Attention to detail and organizational skills required
• Ability to plan and manage time in order to help the office staff organize student projects
Interested candidates should submit resume to Christa Flores, Executive Assistant, by September 1, 2009.