USD School of Law is pleased to continue its participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program, a provision of the Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008.
Consideration for awards will be extended to Juris Doctor, Master of Science, Master of Laws, and Diploma in Taxation. Students. Details and eligibility guidelines for Post 9/11 benefits, including the Yellow Ribbon Program, can be found at on the Department of Veterans Affairs website. You may also inquire with the VA by phone at 1888 GIBill1 (442-4551).
Under this program, USD School of Law has agreed to provide a direct tuition grant of $7,500 qualifying veterans during the 2015-16 Academic Year. The grant will be divided equally between the fall and spring terms. A student must be enrolled in at least 8 units of credit per semester in order to be eligible for funding. Students receiving the USD Yellow Ribbon grant may be eligible for a matching Yellow Ribbon grant from the VA for a total of up to $15,000.
VA regulations require that awards be made on a first-come, first-served basis. In order to be considered for grant funding the following procedure must be followed:
- An applicant must be admitted to USD School of Law and must be in a current status in regard to the required seat deposits.
- Applicant must receive 100% of the benefits under the Post 9/11 GI Bill Program and have remaining eligibility as established by the VA.
- Applicants must submit their Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the law school Records and Registrar office. A consideration list will then be established and students will be notified in strictly date of receipt order about their eligibility for this grant.
- A student who receives a Yellow Ribbon Grant will be given priority in subsequent years to receive it as long as the requirements listed below apply:
- Student must annually re-confirm interest to the Records Office by the July 1 deadline. This can be accomplished by a letter or email indicating interest in continuing participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- Student must remain continuously enrolled in the original program and must maintain satisfactory progress in that program
- Student must comply with all USD and VA guidelines and deadlines
USD School of Law will review its participation and reapplication in the Yellow Ribbon Program on an annual basis.
Any questions regarding the program may be addressed to the law school Records and Registrar office by calling (619) 260-4526.