- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by March 1st.
- Make sure to sign your FAFSA with your FSA ID (Federal Student Aid Username and Password) and include the USD School of Law school code: G06976
- Monitor your email. Requests for additional information, supplemental documentation and Financial Aid Award notices will be emailed to you.
- Log in to the MySanDiego web portal at any time to view the status of your FAFSA application and Financial Aid Award in the “Financial Aid Status” box.
- If additional information or documentation is requested, provide it as soon as possible to ensure there is no delay in the processing of your financial aid.
- Read the Financial Aid Award instructions carefully to make sure you complete all the steps required to apply for the aid that has been offered to you.
- You must complete individual application forms each year to apply for Loans and Federal Work-Study.
- If this is the first time you are borrowing federal Direct Loans at USD Law, you will also be required to complete a Master Promissory Note for each loan and federal Entrance Loan Counseling online at StudentLoans.gov.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit; view your billing statement and track your financial aid disbursements in the MySanDiego web portal in the “My Student Account” box.
Financial Aid Application Process
M,T: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
W: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Th., F.: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.