Adjunct Professor of Law
- PhD, 2007, Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
- LLM, 2003, Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
- LLB, 2001, University of London
- MS, 1986. University of California, Davis
- BS, 1982, University of Sussex
Areas of Expertise
Doctor Silva-Send teaches in the areas of energy law and international law and policy.
Silva-Send is the senior policy analyst at USD's Energy Policy Initiatives Center, where she contributes research and analysis to EPIC’s ongoing energy and climate change projects. Currently she is researching energy use and costs and benefits of measures to develop greater efficiency in road transportation in the San Diego region. Silva-Send has conducted legal and technical analysis of environmental laws in Europe and the U.S. throughout her career. She has also taught upper level and graduate level international law courses in Germany.
Honors and Affiliations
Silva-Send is a member of the International Bar Association.