Joseph J. Darby
Professor of Law Emeritus
- PhD, 1966, Columbia University
- Dr. iur., 1965, University of Cologne
- JD, 1960, Fordham University
- MA, 1957, Columbia University
- BS, 1952, Georgetown University
Areas of Expertise
Professor Darby teaches and writes in the areas of comparative and international law.
Darby has lectured at universities in Austria, Belgium, China, France, Germany, Israel, Poland, Russia and South Africa. Teaching overseas, he is capable of lecturing in French, German and Russian. He joined the USD School of Law faculty in 1965.
Darby's publications include "Confiscatory Taxation" in 38 The American Journal of Comparative Law 545 (1990) and "Review of Work: Strafrechtsentwicklung in Europa by Albin Eser and Barbara Huber" in 77 Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology 273 (1986).