The American Law Institute (ALI) is the leading independent organization in the United States producing scholarly work to clarify, modernize, and otherwise improve the law.
The highly selective group of elected members consists of eminent judges, lawyers and law professors from all areas of the United States and from many foreign countries. Members are selected on the basis of professional achievement and demonstrated interest in improving the law.
USD School of Law faculty who have been elected to this prestigious group include:
- Howard E. Abrams, Warren Distinguished Professor of Law and Director of Tax Programs
- Roy L. Brooks, Warren Distinguished Professor of Law
- Stephen C. Ferruolo (ex officio), Dean and Professor of Law
- Herbert I. Lazerow, Professor of Law
- Orly Lobel, Professor of Law
- David McGowan, Lyle L. Jones Professor of Competition and Innovation Law
- Richard C. Pugh, Professor of Law Emeritus
- Mary Jo Wiggins, Vice Dean and Professor of Law
Visit the American Law Institute website for more information or to view a complete list of ALI members.