Throughout the year
- Forward monthly update from Elyse Amberg, Assistant Director of Annual Giving, to all alumni at your firm.
- Attend alumni receptions and events in region of your choice.
- Invite alumni to volunteer through a variety of law school programs.
- Consider scheduling an event at your firm with Dean Ferruolo. Contact Law School External Relations to discuss dates and coordinate the visit.
March-May: Targeted Fundraising Period
- Provide an up-to-date list of USD School of Law alumni at your firm to Elyse Amberg. We will make sure all gifts from alumni at your firm count towards your firm's progress.
- Send solicitation letter to alumni with fundraising goals, gift reply cards and a list of reasons why their gift matters (reply cards provided by Law School External Relations).
- Send monthly emails to alumni with the online giving link and progress (e.g. “6 out of 10 alumni have given thus far”).
- Talk to alumni about making a gift. Law School staff can provide follow up calls at your request.
- Encourage donations during the law school's Big Give campaign and attend the Big Give Bash celebration.
- Make a last chance appeal to reach your participation and giving goals. An email with a quick link to the USD donation website allows alumni a very easy way to make a gift. Encourage alumni to "please contribute at whatever level is comfortable to show your support of USD and to help the firm reach 100% participation."
- June 30: Final day of the Law Firm Challenge. Gifts received between July 1 and June 30 of the current academic year will be counted towards your participation and giving goals.
- Law Firm Challenge results finalized and announced.