Law Firm Challenge
The Law Firm Challenge is designed to strengthen the connection between alumni, law firms, legal departments, and USD School of Law. Challenge participants strive to achieve 100% alumni giving in their respective organizations, providing critical support to the law school and supporting our students and programs.
Challenge winners—those who reach 100% participation and the firms with the highest total dollars given to support USD School of Law—receive special recognition for their success that helps to raise the profile of their firm or organization. Winning firms are featured in a press release on USD School of Law's website and Facebook page, on the electronic message board in Warren Hall, highlighted in The Docket, and recognized in the Distinguished Alumni Awards program. All gifts during the current fiscal year (July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017) are counted towards firm participation totals. The peak of the challenge takes place in spring surrounding the law school's Big Give campaign.
In addition to raising the profile of participating law firms and organizations and building a stronger alumni network, the Law Firm Challenge also provides an opportunity for alumni to make a collective difference. Donations through the Challenge provide the foundation of private support, enabling the law school to continue expanding its programs, increase diversity, meet the needs of the legal community and grow in national prominence.
Benefits of LFC Participation
- Hiring and Staffing: Easy access to to our interns and graduates for hiring, development of clerkship/externship experiences, corporate networking
- Alumni Engagement: Networking opportunities through chapter/campus events, engagement with fellow LFC captains, relationship building with fellow alumni at your firm
- Branding & Visibility: Firm and individual recognition, Named Scholarships
- Sponsorship Funding: 130+ events per year with many sponsorship opportunities
- The way you feel knowing you made a difference at USD School of Law!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (619) 260-4692 for more information on how to get involved.
$10,000 Bartell Challenge
This year, Bartell Hotels, owned and operated by USD law alum and trustee, Richard Bartell, ’75 (JD), is offering a $10,000 challenge gift to encourage alumni support at participating Law Firm Challenge firms! When participating firms collectively raise $100,000 in the Law Firm Challenge during the 2016-17 competition, USD School of Law will receive a $10,000 donation from Bartell Hotels to be allocated toward law student scholarships.
Help us meet the challenge by visiting the online gift form to make your Law Firm Challenge donation and by encouraging support from other USD graduates at your firm.
The Bartell partnership also includes the following benefits:
- 15% discount at Bartell Hotels below the best available rate with a complimentary welcome beverage for two and a complimentary daily continental breakfast for two;
- 10% of total room cost is donated to USD in support of special programs, events and student scholarships;
- For each meeting/conference/event held at a Bartell Hotels property, additional donations are provided directly to USD.
2016 Sponsorship Information
Platinum Sponsor ($5,000)
Torrey Pines Bank
Special thanks to Torrey Pines Bank for their Platinum Sponsorship of the Law Firm Challenge. Torrey Pines Bank, with offices across San Diego and Los Angeles, offers a highly personalized banking experience with a focus on exceptional service, a broad range of solutions, a commitment to building relationships, and ready access to decision-makers.
Total Amount Raised
by Firm Size
$143,769 total raised in 2015-16 by participating firms.
Total Alumni Participation
by Firm Size
150 total alumni participated in 2015-16.
M-F: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.